My Childrens Book Day 14
Dream The Story - Live The Dream - Be the Secondary Helper
RSS Follow Become a Fan

Recent Posts

Feature Film for Hollywood
Cafe Open in Ormeau
Stockmarket domain name for sale
#Comics

News
Printing
The 14 Day Childrens Story
powered by

My Children's Story Book

My Childrens Book Day 14

Read your book backwards.
Rather than trying to read your book through from the beginning, start at the end.  Read the last page of the final chapter first, and work backwards.  If there’s anything on the page that shouldn’t be there, chances are you’ll spot it.
Flip through your story and see if there are any pages of solid text.  It’s all about your characters.  The story needs to be revealed through what the characters say and how they act.  Too much description will turn it into an essay.  Break them up into smaller chunks of description and let your characters do the rest of the work for you.
Most importantly:  Without characters, there is no story.  Make sure your tale is character-led, and not simply a list of events.

I'll be posting more tomorrow so make sure you come back for the finale

7 Comments to My Childrens Book Day 14:

Comments RSS
Booklets printing on Tuesday, 24 September 2013 3:04 PM
Great post and right to the point. I am not sure if this is in fact the best place to ask but do you guys have any idea where to get some professional writers? Thank you
Reply to comment

Ian Doyle on Friday, 27 September 2013 10:05 AM
Thank you for the feedback. If you want to see the story unfold please visit my website and click on the 'My Writing' link. I have replied to your query via email.

Free book publishing on Monday, 30 September 2013 7:59 PM
This blog gives me the inspiration I’ve been looking for! Nice piece of work. I’m glad I came by this blog on the web and thanks for sharing this bit.
Reply to comment

digital marketing agency on Tuesday, 1 October 2013 7:27 PM
I think you have done highly educational work with the Children’s story book. The day 14 children’s book is going to help many of the children in understanding the chapter.
Reply to comment

DC Script Writing on Wednesday, 2 October 2013 8:53 AM
Thank you all so much for the feedback. Please visit 'My Writing' for progress on the story itself. As I have said in this post: Without characters, there is no story. Make sure your tale is character-led, and not simply a list of events. I am currently getting to know my characters a little better. I am combining what I have learnt from How to write a childrens book in 14 days with my understanding of film writing and following the beats of a movie. The first 10 pages that I have written so far would have brought us to the catalyst in a movie, the point at which something 'happens' for the first time and changes the hero's course. The story is about to become interesting

Print on demand on Saturday, 5 October 2013 3:55 PM
The day 14 children’s book sounds to be interesting and highly instructional. I would say that with the help of this many of the people are going to get help-from this.
Reply to comment

essay paper service on Tuesday, 10 October 2017 12:05 AM
Children is the blessing of the god and everyone want they and love them because of their cuteness and beauty everyone attracts towards them which offer them to be a good citizen of the world with which they could live happy.
Reply to comment